Family Trees Made Easy is a beginner course for people who want to create a digital version of their family tree. All that is needed is a computer (Mac, PC, or Chromebook), access to the internet and a personal email address. The free online software introduced in this course makes creating your family tree extremely easy. It will help you organize your information, make revisions, add additional details as you think of them or discover them for the first time. The software also allows you to easily collaborate with others. In the end, this work will also leave you with a better understanding of who you are and where you come from. It will also better equip you to share your family history and stories with others.
What You Will Learn!
- Why you should work on a family tree.
- Setting up your account with Family Echo.
- Sharing your work with others for collaboration.
- Adding immediate relatives to your family tree.
- Adding more distant relatives to your family tree.
- Managing divorce and remarriage.
- Adding biographical details about relatives.
- Uploading pictures to your family tree.
- Rotating or cropping pictures.
- Expanding and focusing your family tree.
- Printing your family tree for sharing with others.
Who Should Attend!
- This course is for anyone who wants to create a record of who they are and where they’ve come from - by creating a family tree.
- You might want to create a family tree partly to understand yourself better, but also so you are better prepared to share about yourself and your families stories with others.
- This course is especially suited to students and seniors who are taking part in a GrandPals project, as it helps prepare them for more powerful intergenerational sharing.
- Other relatives might also be interested in this course, as they can help collaborate on the building of your family tree as well.
TAKE THIS COURSE